Happy weekend from Fextralife! If you’ve been too busy to keep up with the latest games we cover or are looking for a refresher, you’ve come to the right place! Here’s a bite-sized version of this week’s top RPG news. Try the latest news on the Fextralife wiki network.
Check out the video above and read on for the text!
- Capcom has announced a live stream that will take place on June 13th at 3pm PT.
- According to their recent press release, the show is expected to focus on “previously announced titles.” If you want an in-depth look at their upcoming titles, you can watch them live on Twitch and Youtube, which will take around 35 minutes.
- Recently the announcement of a Resident Evil 4 remake was revealed during Sony’s State of Play last week, we could take a closer look at what’s in store for us in this reimagining of this entry. There was also news that Resident Evil Village is getting a PSVR 2 version.
- Of course, we can also expect more from the upcoming Monster Hunter Rise Sunbreak expansion, due later this month. If you want more gameplay details, be sure to check out our Sunbreak preview.
- Which games are you hoping to see more of during this presentation? Let us know in the comments below.
For more information on this news, click here Capcom Announces Showcase for June 13th to Focus on Previously Announced Titles.
Xenoblade Chronicles 3
- The latest Xenoblade Chronicles 3 trailer showcases the open world of Aionios. The trailer shows some of the locations, like rocky canyons and waterfalls. We also see a huge creature striding through the rivers.
- The video description describes Aionios as a world caught in a “cycle of violence between two warring nations”.
- In case you missed it, in this entry from Xenoblade, the game follows the main characters Noah and Mio on their journey between the turbulent nations of Keves and Agnus. Noah is joined by a group of six characters from these two nations.
- A key gameplay mechanic for Chronicles 3 is the interlink system, a way for groups of characters to perform team attacks.
- Xenoblade Chronicles 3 will be released on July 29, 2022 for Nintendo Switch.
More information on this news can be found here in Xenoblade Chronicles 3 Gets New Trailer With “Aionios”.
Fire Emblem Warrior: Three Hopes
- Fire Emblem Warriors: Three Hopes received new footage in the Awakened Rivals trailer this week. It’s also getting a demo that carries over progress to the full game when it launches on June 24th.
- Three Hopes is an alternate history to 2017’s excellent Fire Emblem: Three Houses is a Musou spinoff developed by Intelligent Systems, Omega Force and Team Ninja.
- The latest trailer shows tons of combat footage of Shez mowing down legions of soldiers. They are capable of taking out dozens of enemies at once and have amazing area attack skills.
- The trailer also shows us a montage filled with a whole host of characters, including some popular favorites from the previous game.
- Fire Emblem Warriors: Three Hopes Coming soon to Nintendo Switch on June 24, 2022.
For more information on this news, click here Fire Emblem Warriors: Three Hopes Gets Lavish Demo And New Trailer.
- A new trailer featuring the sci-fi open-world game Honkai: Star Rail was shown during the Summer Game Fest. The game follows a main character who takes a trip abroad on the Astral Express. The game was developed by Genshin Impact studio HoYoverse, but instead of action battles, players engage in turn-based battles.
- Players assemble a team of fighters and use their unique fighting skills to their advantage. Star Rail will be a new entry in the Honkai universe and will appeal to both new and old fans of the franchise.
- The trailer features intergalactic missions, complete with giant lasers, sword fights, and a space train. Of course, something even more sinister is going on when characters in danger face the incoming red warning signs.
- Previously, Star Rail was revealed as the next entry in Honkai games to be developed for both mobile devices and PC. Currently the game has no release date, but a second closed beta will take place on June 15th.
For more on this news, stay tuned here at Honkai: Star Rail New Trailer Teases Sci-Fi World and Spaceships.
Zenless Zone Zero
- The latest trailer for Zenless Zone Zero was shown at Summer Game Fest on Thursday and features sword fights against mecha enemies accompanied by an upbeat soundtrack. The action-RPG featured a few different characters wielding swords and pulling off combos in an eye-catching new trailer.
- It is not only swordsmen, but also heavy weapons and hammer wielders that are shown in the footage. The contrast with Genshin Impact is quite stark as Zenless is set in a more modern urban setting in the world of New Eridu and has many gunslingers as well as robotic enemies. What they do have in common is their stylish approach to combat, with a certain focus on melee combat.
- In case you missed it, ZZZ was announced in May this year as an action RPG available for both mobile and PC. Zenless Zone Zero So far, PC and iOS had announced themselves for the closed beta.
For more information on this news, check out the Zenless Zone Zero Get Combat Trailer At Summer Game Fest here.
Marvel’s Midnight Sun
- Marvel’s Midnight Suns got a brand new trailer at Summer Game Fest that not only revealed Spider-Man, but also the release date of October 7, 2022. The tactical card-based combat title will be released for Playstation 5, Playstation 4, Xbox Series X|S, Xbox One and PC.
- A fresh trailer showed off a new hero coming into the mix Spider-Man. The web-slinger is voiced by Yuri Lowenthal, who also voiced Spider-Man in the Playstation games, although this isn’t a crossover or set in the same multiverse.
- Players take on the role of a new superhero named The Hunter tasked with assembling a world-class team to defeat Lilith and her army of Hydra allies.
- If you’re interested in learning more about gameplay, combat, heroes and more, you’re in luck because we just released our Marvel’s Midnight Suns gameplay video.
For more on this news, check out the Marvel’s Midnight Suns Summer Game Fest Trailer Reveals Release Date here.
Granblue Fantasy Relink
- Cygames has announced that upcoming action-RPG Granblue Fantasy: Relink has now been pushed back from its 2022 release window to 2023. It was previously planned for the title to be released for PC, Playstation 5 and Playstation 4 sometime this year, but now it’s been pushed back so far.
- A message was shared by producer Yuito Kimura stating that while the team “has been working hard” the game just isn’t ready for the targeted release window. This is the second time the developer has had to push back the release date.
- Although it’s sad to hear that we’ll be waiting a little longer for the game’s release, the official Twitter account shared a new video showing the main characters on an airship and shooting a powerful beam into the sky. This is quickly reclaimed by what appears to be a summoned Bahamut Dragon, which fires a violet beam of light and clears a huge hole in the clouds.
- Granblue Fantasy: Relink will now appear in 2023 for PC, Playstation 4 and Playstation 5.
You can read more about this news here in Granblue Fantasy: Relink Now Delayed to 2023.
One Piece Odyssey
- New gameplay footage for the upcoming One Piece Odyssey was revealed at the Summer Game Fest. The gameplay follows the Straw Hats gang as their ship is shot up in the sky at random, they try to maneuver it safely to avoid obstacles but eventually it sails smoothly. It also shows the gang exploring new locations to solve “hidden mysteries”.
- It was previously announced that it will be an “epic adventure to experience the world of One Piece”. The JRPG contains everything you would expect from a full RPG experience including dungeons, quests, puzzles and more.
- In recent One Piece news, Oda announced that the manga will be on hiatus for a month while they prepare for the 25th anniversary. Netflix is also making a live-action adaptation of the series. We’ll take a look at series production as part of the Geeked Week showcase on Monday.
- One Piece Odyssey will be released in 2022 for Playstation 5, Playstation 4, Xbox Series X|S, Xbox One and PC.
For more information on this news, see One Piece Odyssey gameplay featured at Summer Game Fest here.
Well, that’s it for the week in Wikis. Please join us next week for another great game week! Remember to check out our VIP program for some exclusive backer benefits, and aspiring authors should take advantage of our Become an Author initiative! Thank you again for being part of this great community. Keep visiting us for news, reviews, YouTube streams and videos, and general wiki goodness!
Follow us on social media for the latest and greatest. The more followers we get, the larger the Fexus army will become: