Days before the mass shooting, Salvador Ramos’ grandmother reportedly tried to get rid of his gun

According to a report, Salvador Ramos’ grandmother was trying to get rid of his gun just days before he shot her in the face and murdered 21 innocent people in the mass shooting at a primary school in Uvalde.

Neighbor Rudy Martinez tells The daily beast that on the morning of May 19 he heard screams coming from the home of Celia Gonzales.

Mr Martinez said Ms Gonzalez, who is recovering in hospital after her 18-year-old grandson was attacked, later told him she and Ramos had a falling out after she found out he “had brought guns into her house”.

“She didn’t want them there,” Mr. Martinez said.

When she asked Ramos to get the gun from her house, the 18-year-old was outraged at his grandmother, the neighbor revealed.

Officials have previously revealed that Ramos legally purchased a semi-automatic weapon on May 17 – just a day after his 18th birthday.

Under Texas’ lax gun laws, he then legally purchased a second semi-automatic gun from the same store just three days later, on May 20, without ringing any alarm bells.

Ramos’ aunt Natalie Salazar told investigators that on May 19 the family found an AR-15 rifle in a holdall at their home, a law enforcement source said The daily beast.

The firearm is believed to be the Smith & Wesson M&P15 that Ramos purchased on May 17.

The law enforcement source said family members told Ramos to get rid of the gun because his grandfather, Rolando Reyes, has a criminal record and is therefore prohibited from possessing firearms, the source said.

After the altercation over the gun, Ramos reportedly left his grandmother’s house on May 19, where he had been living for the past few months.

He returned to the home three days later, on Sunday, May 22, and appeared to have no weapons in his possession or in the home, the law enforcement source said.

But in fact, by the time he returned to the family home, he had bought a second semi-automatic rifle.

It is unclear where the two firearms were kept at the time.

Salvador Ramos in videos he posted online before the mass shooting

(Screenshots / CNN)

Two days later, on May 24, Ramos shot his grandmother in the face before riding in the family’s truck to Robb Elementary School.

He left the vehicle in a ditch near the school and entered the building, where he opened fire on innocent students and staff.

Ramos barricaded himself in a classroom where he shot dead 19 students between the ages of nine and eleven and two teachers who were killed trying to protect the children.

The gunman was eventually shot dead by border guards after officers stormed the classroom.

The Justice Department has launched an investigation into how it was handling the situation after local officials admitted critical mistakes had been made.

Officers at the scene stayed behind and waited a staggering 77 minutes from the time the gunman entered the school before entering the barricaded classroom and shooting him dead.

During this time, gunshots continued to ring out in the classroom, distressed students trapped in the classroom called 911 asking for help, and panicked parents begged law enforcement to let them rescue their children.

As the unanswered questions continue to mount, it was claimed this week that Chief Pete Arredondo of the Uvalde Consolidated Independent School District Police, who was responsible for the incident and made the decision to keep officers from entering the classroom, is cooperating with the Texas Department has discontinued the public safety investigation into the shooting.

Leave a Reply

Your email address will not be published.